PUBLISHING A CHILDREN’S BOOK: UNDERSTANDING THE MARKET & FINDING AN AGENT is an information-intensive workshop in two 90-minute long sessions, designed to give you the tools you need to get your work in front of the right agents and editors. Susan Hawk will take participants on an insider’s exploration of the children’s and YA book market—defining the elements that make for an irresistible book for kids or teens; revealing the stories publishers are hungry for; detailing how to avoid common beginner’s pitfalls; and guiding you through the querying process step-by-step.
Who is the workshop designed for?
- Writers who are curious to explore the world of children’s and YA book publishing;
- Those who know they want to write for kids or teens, and need to better understand the children’s book market;
- Writers with a completed manuscript, who are ready to tackle the querying process;
- Those who’ve been querying but haven’t grabbed an agent’s attention yet.
Interested? Here are the key details:
- Sessions take place October 19th and 26th, 4pm PT / 7pm ET and are an hour and a half long.
- Each session is $100, so it’s a total of $200 to sign up.
- We’re limited to 20 participants, so grab your spot now!
To sign up and find more details, please click here: Publishing a Children’s Book.